Sika Proof 5 Litre
Sika Proof is a liquid waterproofing admixture designed for use in mortars, renders and screeds designed for use in tanks, pools, ponds and below ground applications.
- Supplied ready to use.
- Lowers porosity.
- Improved impermeability and absorption characteristics.
- Better resistance to freeze thaw cycles.
- Reduces passage of efflorescence.
Areas for Use
- Swimming pools.
- Water tanks.
- Below ground structures.
- Use only fresh ordinary Portland cement.
- Do not overdose.
- Do not dilute.
- It is the users responsibility to determine suitability for use.
- If in doubt contact Technical Services for advice.
- Careful surface preparation is essential to achieve a durable bond to the substrate.
- Ensure the substrate is sound, clean and free of dirt, dust and grease.
- Remove all cracked, loose and flaking render, plaster, paint.
- For porous substrates first pre-wet and prime with a bonding slurry consisting of cement and Sikabond SBR+.
- Apply mortar directly working ‘wet-on-wet’.
Application Sika Proof should be dispensed into the mixture with the gauging water. Cement mortar mixes must be proportioned as fit for purpose to ensure durability in terms of density and strength. Protect all mortars etc from premature drying refer to working practice of mortars in accordance with BS 5628 Part 3). Sika Proof cannot be used as a substitute for DPC (damp-proof course).
Sika WaterproofingWhen it comes to admixtures and concrete additives there’s only really one name that springs to mind, Sika. With an impressive product range and a clear passion for what they do, it’s no surprise they are market leaders across the world. From landscaping to waterproofing, Sika have got it covered....literally. Founded in 1910 by Kaspar Winkler, Sika produced agents for cleaning and protecting granite and also waterproofing, of which, Sika-1 is still sold today. In 1918 the Swiss Federal Railways ran successful trials using Sika to waterproof tunnels which became essential so that electric trains could be used. They went onto waterproof a further 67 tunnels during the following years, and by 1935 Sika had a presence in Europe, South America and in Asia. Fast forward to more recent times, Sika celebrated 100 years trading in 2010 and then acquired the successful UK brand Everbuild in 2013, putting them firmly on the map when it comes to the construction industry. With an extensive product range and a worldwide presence in over 100 countries, you can be sure Sika products are head and shoulders above the competition, giving you peace of mind that the products you are buying are of the highest standard.